What a Day!

I woke up in the very early hours of the morning making my mental list of all the things that I really needed to accomplish today. This was before I had my morning conversation with God. Once that was done, I hit the ground running...well, not really running, probably more like strolling.

First thing to check off was to find out how many and what kind of shots my public school-bound son needs to gain entrance. This was done by calling the health dept. in a nearby town and finding out to my surprise that shot clinic was TODAY and they wanted him to come right in. Therein were some slight problems. Son was still asleep in bed. He isn't really what one would consider a morning person and I try to always let him wake up on his own for that reason. AND he hates, I mean HATES, shots. His last foray into immunizations was when he was eight. He can still tell you exactly what happened, which shots he got, where he got them and probably what he was wearing and what the nurse looked like who inflicted the torture. We had to literally drag him out of the vehicle! Yes, I am aware his is now 16 but it still didn't bode well. Thankfully, his dad was able to run him over for the clinic and he only needed two shots. He told me they gave him a 'color changing' band-aid and it would be brown if it really hurt. Yep, the band-aid is brown. I love that kid! :)

Next on my list was to get prepared for my job at the Lunchbox Diner. Bringing children meals in the park for free is an awesome and fun time but it sure gets hot out there. Occasionally, I get to bandage scratched knees, comfort hurting little ones and share some love as well.

I arrived home late from work after delivering some kids home and for some reason didn't feel too good. I had several things that needed checked off my list yet but within an hour or so, I really didn't feel good. No other symptoms but a horrible stomach ache. Dirk decided that some Kaopectate would do the trick. However, I really don't like taking medicine so I held out for oh, about 30 minutes. By then, I was ready for anything. Lovingly, he ran to DG and bought me the vanilla kind. (I'm the mom who tells her children they can handle the nasty medicine and cheers them on, all the while thinking I'd never touch the stuff myself.) One word for this stuff. NASTY. He really got a chuckle out of me trying to get it and keep it down. The thing is, it actually worked. I never did have any other symptoms and I started feeling better!

About this time, I heard Ally and a friend using the mixer in the kitchen. It just so happened that Cole and Will's friend is the brother to Ally's friend that was visiting. Heaven help the big brother's when the little sister's get together! The guys kept telling the girls to make them a cake...so they did. With jalapeno juice and hot sauce added in! :)

Dinner time arrived and with it several extras that have filtered in throughout the evening to have a plate of an old standby recipe and hang out in the man cave. Usually, we just keep the pop and gatorade stocked and they're happy. It sounds like movie night tonight, which is kind of a nice change from the serenading that happened a few nights ago.

After waiting over a week past the date of when test results were supposed to come back, we found out my step-dad's troubles are benign! I'm so thankful for the good news.

And now, with several things still on my to do list, I realize it's been a good day. No, I didn't accomplish what I wanted to but I tried to accomplish what God wanted me to. Hopefully, someone's day was just a little brighter, I know mine was. And tomorrow, I'll probably hit the ground strolling again. *Thanks, God, for making it a good day! And, thanks a lot for the good report on step-dad.*

0 comments: